2 Hands, Take 3 and 5 Gyres

Life has taken a beautiful turn. I am meeting extraordinary people and learning so much about socially responsible entrepreneurial activities in Sydney. I met Take3 founderTim Silverwood, who is such an inspiration. I met Tim by phoning up Digital Eskimo to ask them about their Do Gooder campaign website, in the hope that I could set up a site which raises awareness and funds for organisations like 5Gyres and Two Hands who dedicate their efforts to ocean microplastic pollution. And wow! That was a great phone call, I spoke with Candice and was invited along to an excellent evening of food, conversation and inspiration at the 'Along Came Polymer' dinner held at Brave Cafe in Bondi. An utterly awesome evening, where I got to talk to some lovely people. Great to finally discover my tribe in Sydney. People who really care about the world we live in. I met the environment officer Jody Savage from Waverley council (who has had a fascinating career travelling the world from Kenya to Sydney as a Marine conservationist.) The spokesperson from Transition Bondi was there too. I'm hoping to get to the next Transition meetup with another new friend, Isabelle who runs La Source.

Comments