The Works of "Mine-Control"

I discovered the interactive installation works of 'Mine Control' quite by accident. I was doing some user acceptance testing on an iTV application and the video streams happened to be about Mine Control. It was a very distracting work session as I spent most of my time noting the names and dates of the works and finally...found the URL at the end of the video loop.

http://www.mine-control.com/index.html

It's the most playful and enjoyable looking work I've seen since Rokeby's "Very Nervous System". The more I see interactive installations driven by natural human gestures...the more I want to be involved in making work just like it!

Mine Control's range of installations evolve in complexity - the early pieces like 'Sand' are very intuitive and simple..the newer works like 'Calder' include 3D elements with lighting and gravity/velocity in movement. The gestures you need to employ in order to interact successfully with the works also become more structured...fascinating.

It'd be great if they could do a retrospective show here in Sydney!

Comments