IO Meyer Pizza Night at UNSW

Last Monday I was kindly invited to speak at an informal presentation night at the UNSW. This forum is run by the Media and Communications department.

http://mdcm.arts.unsw.edu.au/homepage/staff/index.html

It was a real treat to present my favourite projects and to talk ideas with a group of people with similar backgrounds and interests. The main theme of my talk was 'Best Moments and the Importance of Play & Collaboration'. I wanted to get to the heart of what makes an interactive media project really work and cited team structures and education as some key ingredients. We had plenty of time for discussion afterwards and I left feeling really refreshed. In the commercial arena there's just too little time for any meaningful explorative discussion. Too often work is driven toward the predictable and toward template generation and often, the most enriching possibilities of good collaborations get swamped by 'process' and production procedures.



Comments